Thursday, April 12, 2012

A (sort of) Collection





























Well, here i am with some better photos of my first mini collection. It has not an exact theme, rather some things in common,like the many mini dresses and the importance of the accessories. If it had a title it would be something like " it's all in the accessories" i think!

Have i told you i love leather? I am a jewelry designer, and for the past six years leather has been my favorite material.  It is amazingly versatile, it can be hard or soft, structured or raw in free forms, chic, ethnic,punk,cute, colored, painted, laced... Whatever one can imagine, it can be done with leather.
It was only natural for me to start using it for the dolls. 
So another permanent element in my doll work its leather. In form of  everything. Shoes and bags and belts obviously, but also jewelry, hats, clothes, swimming suits and dollhouse items.  

The collection photoshoot was another field of experiment (rather frustration!) for me.
I decided to keep it simple , with plain props, also because i could not deal with another creative project right now.. But i have plans! oh,well , i think it is working as  is for the moment...


No comments:

Post a Comment